<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 16, 2004

Had lunch with Ansley then hurried down to Sigma Marketing to send my 70-300mm lens for rechipping. When I passed the lens to the lady at the reception counter, she told me that they will call me sometime on Wednesday to quote me on the rechipping cost for the lens.

Obviously I was a bit surprised at that statement as I always thought that rechipping was free. After some clarification, she said that rechipping for lenses are free only if they are within the one year warranty period. Well, I bought the lens last December, or at most early January this year--it was barely a few months after the purchase that I discovered that the lens needed rechipping. So, after a few more questions, she requested for my purchase receipt, which I promptly presented to her.

She made a copy of the reciept and then told me that the lens had passed the warranty period. She said I bought the lens in 2002. On closer inspection of the receipt, little did I know that it was dated "01-01-2002"! I was like, what the heck?! MS Color sold me an old lens that they had to clear, at a price I deemed not very reasonable, and now they gave me a wrongly dated receipt! If because of their sloppiness (and partly my own) I had to pay the price, I'll rather not rechip it if it's going to cost more than $30...I could have gotten the updated APO version of the lens for another $50!

Moral of the story: always check the date of the purchase receipt, even if it means making a big fuss out of it.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by