<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Went out today with some of the Block people to each sushi buffet at...where else? Sakae Sushi, of course! They're the only one (I believe) that offers sushi buffet at the ridiculous dunch hour of 3-6pm. I say "dunch" because, being a buffet, value-conscious Singaporeans are bound to eat their fill to cover up the lunch and dinner meals. For us hostelites, being super value-conscious (read: cheapo), a buffet would mean a chance to cover breakfast all the way to supper. Which we did. All within $15.05 inclusive of whatever tax and charges, but after a student discount.

Better exploit the privilege of being a student before I cease to be one in less than a month's time.

We had intended to go to the SS branch at HarbourFront; upon reaching there, we are politely informed that their buffet starts only at 5pm. Argh! Our stomachs were growling...we had no choice but to take 4 taxis (there were 16 of us--what a nice number) down to the Suntec City branch. It's quite ridiculous to have different timings for their buffet promotion at different branches--how in the world are we suppose to know?

Action began at the sushi restaurant. Towards the end of the meal we were making so much noise as a bunch of crazy undergrad hostelites that we attracted weird stares from the other diners and the manager himself. Wasabe became a hot favourite as the choice of sabotage in their challenge games.

I ate so much that I felt my stomach would burst anytime and I felt like puking. Me bad for being a glutton and eating without limits. "Mind over body" best demonstrated in this instance.

After that, we went over to the arcade to aid digestion. It's been...let me count...(2+2.5+4)...8+ years since I last stepped into an arcade. OK, I'm exaggerating, more like it's been a few years since I last played in an arcade. My favourite games were Bishi Bashi and Photo Hunt. Classics. Arcade games never change: I spotted others like Virtua Striker, King of Fighters (although it's in its 2003 incarnation) and the evergreen Dance Dance Revolution(s). I hoped I've gotten the names correct.

What made this outing so interesting was the fact that this is probably one of the last (if not the last) outings I'm ever going with the Block. It has been a fun 4 years staying in Block D/Sheares Hall, but as with all good things, they need to come to an end.

On a sidenote: if there's any useful vocabulary that I've learnt this year, it would be "posterity" and "reverse auction".

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by