<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Time flies...it's been close to two weeks since I've started work with TOUCH Youth Services (which is a branch of TCS). Things are pretty exciting to be working with youths that continually tests my patience and tolerance. This not the first time working with such youths; nevertheless this has been a trying period. Learnt a lot of new things (mostly soft skills) from youth workers that have experiences longer than the time I've been in school. Thank God for His strength and providence so far...really learnt how to depend on Him as a first resort, not as a last recourse.

Having tasted first-hand what it means to be really working, I now understand why so many of my seniors preferred studying or serving reservist duties to working. Being a person who is locked into a working schedule means you can't plan your time as much as, say, a University student. Well, I don't mean having no time left for oneself, but rather you can't say for example, "maybe I'll go to the bank today at around 10 am," since for 5 days a week, I am busy with work at that particular time. Time is therefore scheduled around work.

I try not to bring work back home (this being the first principle I have as a working adult), since (1) I probably won't work on it anyway unless it's super-duper urgent, and (2) it blurs the line between work and play, possibly causing a burn-out. Let's see how long can I maintain this principle.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by