<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Hmm. If anyone thinks that demons doesn't exist in the world, I would like to declare to that person that he/she should go watch The Exorcist. What I have personally seen happening during the SWW is a far cry from the drama-mama portrayed in the movie, but nevertheless after the concluding session of SWW on Sunday, it firmed up for me the reality of demons and spirits in this world.

I'm not going to reveal the details of what I've experienced because it can get sensitive. However, what I can say is that it takes not only the effort of the person casting out the demon to get the evil spirit out of someone, but it also requires very much the will of the host to get rid of the demon. If the host is not willing or not ready to be delivered, then there is little point going through the deliverance--or rather, the effort will yield little.

Another take-home is that deliverance is a process rather than an event. It takes time to interview the host, interrogate the demon, and to pray and discern throughout the whole process. From what I understand, the process can take hours, and even over several sessions.

My prayer, therefore, is that I do not get caught up in the methods and techniques of deliverance, but rather ask God to reveal His power and glory in such situations. What happens in a deliverance session is ultimately in the hands of God, not mine.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by