<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

I upgraded my Nokia 6510 to a Sony Ericsson T610 last week. This was not an impluse purchase, since my old Nokia phone is conking out (loose battery connections and buggy phonebook) and it's been more than 18 months old.

I've been having pretty much fun with the T610 except for some grouches--most notably the slow menu and SMS response, ridiculous phonebook structure (the main phonebook and the SIM phonebook are not integrated), and the relatively small memory size. For those I miss my old Nokia. Other than that, I'm pretty OK with the T610.

This is the picture of the week with my phone so far:


Ouch!

It was an emotional night last Friday, with one of my guys having to stop coming for cell and church service due to parental objections. Seeing his heart, he really wants to come but couldn't. It's not going to be easy for him to keep going at this faith without a community, but God, Your ways are higher than mine; won't You carry him in Your arms in this time of trial?

Last week as quite a heavy week, with 3 days used to attend a Service-Learning (S-L) course, which is "the next big thing" that's coming up in the educational arena. In essence, S-L draws its roots from Experiental Learning, modified in a way that community service is used as the learning point for the students/volunteers. In designing an S-L project, there is always the tension between balancing the service aspect (service as an end in itself) and the learning aspect (not serving for the sake of using the community we are serving as a mere tool for learning).

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by