<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Here's wishing every a Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year!

Every year, there will be at least two occasions that the whole family will dine together: my mom's birthday, and the Chinese New Year Eve reunion dinner. On both occasions we will dine out, and it's (more often than not) a very fustrating event. Our family is the typical Singaporean family that is very particular about service, and somehow every time we go out and dine, the restaurant's service will always manage to screw up--or should I say, managed not to meet our "very high standard".

To add salt to the wound, my nephew's now at a very active stage where he cannot sit still. What do you get when you add an impatient family with an active kid that keeps running around the table? Chaos.

In the past I will get very upset and fustrated during the whole dinner, so much so I started to dread such dinners. However, by the grace of God, I managed not to feel that way. In fact, I kinda enjoyed the whole dinner. Not because the restaurant managed to do everything well, or that my nephew decided to keep still throughout the whole dinner, but because I somehow felt it's really OK that such things happen. I chose to enjoy the dinner instead of being distracted by the not-so-pleasant things, and that changes everything.



Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by