<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 21, 2005

Took this photo at MacRitchie reservoir on the Chinese New Year eve when I went for the department's monthly run there. We usually have a time of devotion after the run, and I took the chance to take a few pictures here and there.

My thoughts tonight have nothing to do with the picture, just felt like putting it up. Anyway, I must have passed the most exciting weekend I ever had. Soundman training, night cycling, BBQ all rolled into 24 hours or so.

I'm especially encouraged by the BBQ, organized by the bunch of monkeys *grin* that I used to tuition for almost 2 years and honorably invited to join them. Even though I didn't really see them through their years in school, I somewhat felt a sense of attachment to them. They are moving on to a new stage in their lives, a challenging phase where they are exposed to new kinds of influence. It brings a smile to my heart seeing them grow, and they reminded me that it takes a lot of investment and time to influence people's life.

In the last few weeks I've been locked in a phase of frustration, unfulfilled dreams, anger and disappointment about my ministry. Things are not going exactly where I want it to go, and the initial passion that fuels me has gone dry. The vision that directs me has gone blurred, to the point that I had to ask myself why am I doing all these. But seeing those boys again brought me back to the vision. These people that I am discipling is the reason why I am in ministry. I want to see them loving God more and more, and to be there alongside them in this journey. I cry out to be closer to them, but experience proves that it needs time. Much more time than I had expected.


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by