<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 20, 2005

First-ever directed photo shoot 

Today I realized that I'm not at the level of being able to direct a photo shoot of a couple. I've done photo shoots before where I get my friend to be my free model, but this was the first time I've done it for two people. What made things worse was the crowd and the security guards. It's certainly not easy to conduct a photo shoot in a crowded city centre.

Some things I've learnt from this photo shoot:
  1. Don't shoot on a weekend. If so, choose a place where there are less people.
  2. Shopping centers generally don't give much liberty for photographers to conduct shoots. For some mysterious reasons, they just don't allow it, and will give all kinds of weird reasons to chase you away.
  3. Be prepared. Scout the places before the actual shoot.
  4. Good equipment helps tremendously. Fast lenses and good tripods make all the difference.
Common sense, yah? Well, learning isn't complete until you experience it. So what has been written in the books now translates to real-world experience.

Just hope I can salvage whatever that is taken to produce a decent album for my friends. Anyway, a sample...

hands

Nope...not going to put faces!

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by