<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Search for Danny 

Went back for reservist duties today at station; thank God it's only a one day session to update the Senior Officers about the changes for Police NS. The most significant change (to everybody's joy) is that the NS recall period has been changed to be in-line with the SAF: the 10/13-year recall cycle. Currently POs (non-commissioned PNS officers) are required to serve until the age of 40, while SOs serve until the age of 50. Every year we will be recalled for an average of 14 days, until we reach our statuary ORD. Under the new recall system, officers are to serve a 10/13-year recall cycle, with each cycle lasting an average 15 (?) days, and then we will reach ORNS (Operationally Ready NS) status - a nice name for "on reserve" status.

Anyway, it was a good time meeting up with old friends - Kelvin, Lai, Jeffrey, my OC, etc. Most of the conversation was spent catching up with each other lives, and of course trying to find out where the heck everyone else in our OCT batch is at this point of time. I've always been on the look out for Danny, one of my best buddies during my NSF days. So when I managed to talk to his understudy, I was pretty dismayed to hear that his sister passed away because of leukemia. Further news from his understudy seems to indicate that he's now permanently staying in Australia, so that probably explains why I never bump into him on the streets.

I've lost all forms of contact with Danny - H/P, email, ICQ (stopped using it ages ago). Once I have the money I think I will start finding him, starting with his parents at KL. I'm sure from there I will be able to trace his location. Kinda miss this buddy of mine - after all, he was the one who led me to Christ.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosting provided by